Grove View - Front, Twickenham
Garden Design and Build
N/A, Forever Home
As we had done such a fantastic job on our client's rear garden, they asked if we'd do our magic on their front garden. Given our client was new to owning an outdoor space, they left the design very much to us. However, there were a number of factors which needed to be included:
- low maintenance
- dog and cat safe and friendly
- a place to store the bins and be easily accessible (rather than large pebbles which were previoulsy laid)
The property is surrounded by a stunning wysteria tree which had become quite overgrown so before we started, with our landscaping, we had this cut back as well as cutting back the large hedge and blossom tree on the kerb side.
So what did we do ?
- removed the existing pebbles and planting
- built a new store to house the bins
- created three new hard edging borders ie. Victorian roped tiles to border the Victorian path and keep the planted area in front of the home contained and also seggregate the front area
- created a flat area, compacted and added hoggin so that the bins could be transported easily, back and forth between the new bin store and the pavement
- added soil and planting to the border created in front of the home
- added membrane then slate chippings on front border and around strategically placed focus plants
- prepped and painted stone window sills
- created a thicker Laurel border to create more privacy from immediate neighbour
What a transformation!
sort style and stage helped re-invigorate both my front and back garden after moving into a new property. Throughout the project the team were fantastic to work with.
Ceri brought great ideas to the table, enquired and listened to my own personal tastes and created a lovely space for me to sit outside and relax, as well as making it both dog and cat friendly.
Both an efficient & cost minded approach, coupled with a personable style & excellent end result means Ceri and team were a pleasure to work - I would recommend highly!