Clifton Barn, Clifton
Interior & Exterior Staging
0.8% of property value
The client had previously put their Clifton barn in Bedfordshire on the market in 2022, but with limited viewings, they took their property off the market so they could review strategy.
We completed a consultation with the owners and set out a detailed repairs and staging action plan. The client went ahead and did the repairs themselves, and we were on hand to answer any questions they had, for example, what type of stain to use on a wooden worktop and the appropriate paint colour choice for one of the bathrooms.
Examples of the improvements include:
- Various décor touch ups
- Removal of fixed cat furniture
- Repair of front door step
- Putting certain key furniture pieces into storage to allow for staged pieces
- Replace the clients existing window / French door dressings with modern alternatives
In addition to these, the garden was given a fabulous makeover.
As this was a lived in family home, our 3 days of staging included a lot of sorting and styling. We worked with the clients existing furniture and created a well balanced and organised family home, showcasing the true potential on offer. We introduced a number of furniture pieces to bring the design scheme together, this included:
- Sofas, coffee tables, side tables, accent chairs, console tables and rug in the drawing room
- Bar stools and dining chairs as well as further accent chairs and coffee / side tables in the open plan kitchen/dining/living area
- Complete furnishing of the primary bedroom and associated dressing area
- Additional accent chairs in the landing and home office
- Accessories, mirrors and artwork throughout
We always add tangible value in all our clients projects and for this home, the key tangible things we delivered were:
1. Transforming the vast drawing room into a welcoming space. One of the key challenges of this room was its size and scale We overcame this challenge by creating a number of zones - Library, music, formal seating as well as a entrance space.
2. We recommended that one of the bedrooms be changed from a young child's bedroom to a guest bedroom due to the location of this room at the end of the long barn. The reason - to create a quiet and private space that guests can enjoy and in the meantime, the homeowner was able to have their children's room closeby.
3. We turned an existing games, gym and home office into a true home office by removing gym equipment and setting it up as a dedicated home office space, including chill out area for taking five!
4. In addition, we could see much potential in a garage side room. We sorted and transformed this into a flex room, ultimately increasing the appeal and potential of the property as there is now another space for a home gym/office/workshop etc.
"Thank you so much for your works in helping our clients bring their property to market in such a positive and impressive way. Your staging has played a key part in this.
We are delighted to work with you and look forward to future interactions"
J Evans, Director, Wellington & Evans Estate Agents