Updated: Jul 10, 2020
In preparation for when the government gives the go ahead to return to work, epropservices, parent company of the Guild of Property Professionals and Fine & Country, has issued a guide to estate agents to enable them to open safely.
1. all staff to undergo a health assessment which will cover whether individuals remain anxious and offering opportunities where appropriate to continue working from home.
2. detailed cleaning of offices and furniture re-arrangement to ensure the two-metre social distancing rules are met, including the potential use of screens.
3. a new and safer etiquette for valuations, including the possible wearing of gloves and face masks. If physical viewings are conducted, guidance on the maximum number of people in a property at one time, the avoidance of hard copy details and how to arrange the practicalities of viewers and agents getting to the property safely.
4. completing compliance issues (Anti-Money Laundering and Right To Rent)
5. practical arrangements that letting agents need to put in place to handle property management and repair issues, including visits.
Do you think these measures are sufficient to protect everyone involved? Let us know at email@example.com